The amount and breadth of NHL data accumulated simply by hobbyists has been impressively extensive. Now with the click of a few buttons any individual, whether they are a NHL General Manager or simply a fan, can pull up hundreds of statistics on their favourite player or team. However, this does not hold true for other leagues, except now through HockeyData.
HockeyData provides you access to in-depth statistics for every AHL team and each of their players.
This information can be used by NHL team's supplementing their developmental team with supervising prospect performance, as well as provide an additional source of information for professional scouting. AHL team management can apply this data as well for roster building and scouting the opposition's tendencies and weaknesses.
- Team level
- Goals, shots, blocks, turnovers, takeaways, face offs, penalties, and hits both for and against
- Advanced statistics like Corsi, Fenwick, and THP
- Zone transition tendency and efficiency
- Individual level
- Production in goals, assists, shots, misses, blocks, turnovers, takeaways, face offs, hits, penalties incurred and drawn
- On-ice differentials in goals, saves, misses, and blocks
- Contextual information: zone starts, ice time
- Zone Transitional data: breakouts, zone entries
- Data broken up into types: even strength, power play, penalty kill
- And much more